tips to prepare for the final exam
- you have made it this far - which is hardly blind luck, so have a lot of faith in yourself, your study methods that carried you thus far, and your luck!
- find out what exactly is the style of your final exam. imagine the situation well, and apply that situation in your everyday work. time yourself and give yourself exactly how much you will have (or slightly shorter) on the day of exam.
- find out the kinds of cases you would get during the exam. go through it, write reports of those cases.
- practice your physical exam religiously - while imagining the exam situation.
- consistently do 1 2 3 and 4 - imagination is key.
it's simple, mostly because if you are reading this, you probably have what it takes to pass - there is no reason why you should make it till the final semester without the sufficient knowledge, even if you feel like you know nothing (it is normal to feel that way, especially in medicine. it would probably never go away - and it is a good thing)
now on the day itself, you won't have to worry because if you have done the above consistently, there is no way you are going to be nervous - you have done it in your mind a hundred times!
lastly, believe in yourself. I know there will be doubts, but having doubts in itself, is a good trait of a good doctor. always doubt yourself, but have confidence that you will rectify it.